Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Online Shopping for Vegetables & Fruits

With a busy lifestyle and twin toddlers at home, me and my wife often do not find time to go shopping for vegetables and fruits. Generally we go to our upscale locality  bhajiwala once a week to buy and stock up on our daily raw vegetables & fruits at a marked up price (which I thought was marked up).
I saw some online websites which were selling fruits and vegetables and delivering at our locality. I decided to check out each of these websites and order from them. The three websites catering to my locality were
1.) www.fruitsandvegetables.in
2.) www.aaloo.in
3.) www.sabjiwala.co.in

The advantages of online buying, as i thought was lower prices, fresh deliverables, maybe delivered directly from farm. I went through all the three websites and found that the first listed website vendor was based in our locality itself and they delivered only on weekends. On weekdays it is only pickup from a nearest pickup point mentioned in the website. The nearest pickup point for my house was apartment complex 50 metres away. Their website was cluttered and it did not inspire a confidence. I tried to check out the pick up point on my way home but could not find anything there. I though i would call up and ask someone from the website but there was no contact number listed on the website. I wrote a mail in their feedback form but have not recieved any reply till date. The website was static as i checked through it over an entire week and looked like no one was operating it.I dropped the idea of buying from this website as it looked like amateur work money wasting proposition.

The next website i visited was www.aaloo.in. The website looked well organised and good. I ordered from the website. Everything was smooth and you get to choose the delivery time and date also. The order came neatly packed at home with some complementary items thrown in. My wife was pretty impressed. However the prices were not very different than my bhajiwala, some items lower some items higher but in totality the bill amount was same.

The next day i decided to check out the third website which was operated by a large farming enterprise. The shopping experience was good and smooth. No options however to choose the delivery schedule. The package was delivered at my home but 2 or 3 items were not delivered as they were out of stock.Able to order out of stock items also from the website and the good part is that they did not care to inform while conforming that some of the items ordered were out of stock. Such great customer service and great inventory mismanagement.As for the cost part it again was same as my bhajiwala

Of all three www.aaloo.in seemed the best. However i think the market is there for more such vendors who can provide better value at the same price.

No comments:

Post a Comment